Thursday, October 21, 2010

Welcome to Fat girl Posing



Fat Girl Posing comes from a few things- firstly that my regular blog was getting too chaotic and dealing with too many topics- most people couldn't identify and relate to everything I posted so I'm narrowing it down. The name comes from my flickr account (warning, some adult content) of modeling that I've done with local photographers through model mayhem or the Triad Strobist Meetup Group. The modeling came from reading the book Lessons From the Fat-O-Sphere by Marianne Kirby and Kate Harding. It took about two weeks to go from completely hating myself to the cessation of calorie counting, weight shaming myself, hating my body, and doing awful things to it in the name of the fantasy of being thin. For more on these topics visit Kate Harding's blog as well as Marianne Kirby's. Visit the Q&A for some enlightenment. So the first thing I'm going to do is move over some old blogs and then begin posting anew. Welcome to Fat Girl Posing and enjoy your stay!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are amazing! I wish I had that much confidence, and your very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dreaming of Wheels

I finally dreamed of myself in a wheelchair . How we view ourselves is often hard. What we think of ourselves, even how we picture ourse...