Saturday, August 25, 2012

Senior style portraits

It's been a while since I was a senior in high school.. a long while. But nostalgic memories return with this set from James Roddick Photography which has a distinctly senior portrait look. Just think about all that's changed in the past decade- or however long it's been for you since those days. For me, I only wish I'd found fat acceptance sooner before I'd put my body through a decade long eating disorder, before I'd tortured and scarred my body because of self hatred. Fat acceptance has been the best thing in my life and has done the most to heal me. Tell me, what's changed most for you? Anyway, here are the photos- enjoy!











6 comments:

  1. I love these...although they may be considered a bit risque if you were a High school senior (cleavage YAY!) I especially like the serious one behind the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha the cleavage just refused to be concealed :P thanks

      Delete
  2. The second last one is stunning! My body has scars everywhere from self harm as well. I still don't have 'fat acceptance' but im only 16, I guess I still have plenty of time to realise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't discover fat acceptance until i was 25! I only wish I'd been exposed to even the idea of fat acceptance at 16- you're already miles ahead of where I was :) good luck

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure why you consider yourself a fat girl, you are marvelously beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because I am fat! But fat and beautiful aren't mutually exclusive. But I'm 275lbs and a size 22. I have to do my clothing shopping at specialty stores because regular stores don't even carry my size fat most of the time. I have a lot of excess adipose tissue and while I may not be as fat as some I'm definitely fatter than others and, statistically speaking, a lot fatter than most people. I just don't see that as being a bad thing ;-)

      Delete

Dreaming of Wheels

I finally dreamed of myself in a wheelchair . How we view ourselves is often hard. What we think of ourselves, even how we picture ourse...